Ignite Technology Transfer Office
NUI Galway is firmly established in the top tier of research-intensive universities in Europe. This leads to the development of centres of excellence, attraction of internationally renowned researchers as well as a state of the art Campus Innovation Centre. The Campus Innovation Centre plays a strategic role in the development of start-up companies.
The aim of the Campus Innovation Centre is to create an environment which promotes Entrepreneurialism & Innovation, enhances spin out formation and new business growth. The centre gives companies prime opportunity to benefit from the first class facilities available in NUI Galway.
Facilities & Services
- 24 incubation units ranging in size from 300 - 750sq ft.
- 6 Bio-Incubator laboratories or 'wet-lab' space along with a core lab
- Serviced office facilities including broadband, line rental, conference facilities, meeting rooms and coffee doc
- Third level expertise from centres of excellence
- Access to research resources such as laboratories, testing, specialised equipment, expertise, IP & commercialisation
- Very competitive rates
- Funding supports for R&D Collaborative Projects
- Hot Desk facility for short term rental
- Business development supports in place to assist in the formation and growth of the company
Who is Eligible?
Priority is given to companies spinning out from activity on campus, research and to other external start-up companies with the potential to benefit from close contact with the biosciences' groups on the NUI Galway campus. The Campus Innovation Centre will also accommodate, where possible, entrepreneurial start-ups, industry spin outs and projects from companies external to the campus or from abroad who need access to the expertise and equipment available on campus to develop and function as successful commercial entities.
Centre Application Process
- Potential clients visit the centre and the TTO to assess the services on offer verses the company needs.
- The potential client company must submit a business plan to the TTO.
- The business plan will be assessed by the TTO along with the appropriate personnel.
- A meeting is requested with the potential client where the business plan is discussed and any queries clarified.
- Upon approval the client and director of the TTO must sign the standard lease agreement which maps out the terms and conditions that apply to the unit.
- Yearly reviews are held with the client companies to review progress and business development activities occur where required.
Business Centre Companies
Lifestyle Medical Ltd
Vetex Medical Ltd
CR Bard Ltd