Ignite West Consortium
Ignite TTO in NUI Galway has entered into partnership with Galway Mayo Institute of Technology, the Institute of Technology, Sligo and Letterkenny Institute of Technology to form the Ignite West Consortium. Joint initiatives and open communication in the enables a better service offering to our academic community as well as our Industrial partners.
Ignite West is the partner of choice in knowledge transfer for economic development; pioneering the path to commercialisation for new technologies. Bringing together specialists in knowledge transfer and business development, we partner with investigators and enterprise to translate innovations into practice. We are committed to a creative, solutions-oriented approach to licensing, ventures and research that deliver opportunities to create value.
The aim of Ignite West Consortium is to:
- Maximise economic impact from consortium technologies through the creation of employment in new and existing companies;
- Support development of long-term relationships between industry and HEI researchers;
- Establish standardised approaches and best practice to TT processes & procedures;
- Transfer skills and knowledge across the consortium;
- Increase collaborative research activity with companies based within and outside of Ireland;
- Support transition of commercial opportunities into the enterprise space;
- Review consortium IP bundling opportunities;